Each year when Fall rolls around I can't help myself but start baking...everything! Pumpkins, Apples you name it..I want to bake delicious desserts with all the season goodies! Anyways...in my household the man of the house isn't a big apple guy and the girls were turned off by the oat topping on every single apple crisp, apple crumble. apple bake I ever made. I decided to just omit the oats and keep the crisp, basically just serving up the deliciousness inside of an apple pie. It was a HIT. My husband still calls it his favorite fall dessert (and HELLO it has apples in it lol) and the girls literally scoop this stuff down like its ice cream. Oh with that being said this is excellent with some vanilla ice cream!
-1/2 cup Flour
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/3 cup unsalted butter (I cut these into small chunks..you will want the butter room temp)
-pinch of salt
-5 Large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced thinly.
-2 Tbsp Flour
-2 Tbsp melted butter
-1 Tbsp lemon juice
-3 Tbsp milk
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a bowl combine all the topping ingredients until they resemble a crumb topping. I use a fork but a pastry blender would work wonderfully. Store in Fridge as you prepare the filling.
3. In another bowl combine the melted butter with the flour and blend. Add the lemon juice, milk and vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix all together until blended.
4. Pour this mixture all over the apples until coated.
5. Pour the coated apples into a 8x8 baking dish and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the crumb topping all over the top and place in the preheated oven.
*Bake for anywhere between 30-40 minutes. I usually set a timer for 30 and from that point just check the tenderness of the apples. Since there isn't an "oat" topping it's really just about how you prefer the apples. Once done scoop out onto a plate and enjoy! It's ooey gooey apple deliciousness!
Post a Comment