Aside from the "panic" of Chistmas gift shopping in August due to shortages of everything I had decided early on that I wanted to give the girls more experiences vs toys/presents this year. It got me thinking of all the ways I could "gift" them items that weren't just things that would be short lived and end up in the back of their closet by February.
Here is a list of items to get the ball rolling if you too are wanting to gift much more than toys this year...gift some memories!
1. Amusement Parks. I know this is easier for us Floridians but it doesn't have to be as extravagant as Disney or Universal Studios. Think of local amusement parks, zoo passes, aquarium passes, resort hotels (Great Wolf Lodge etc).
2. A night away at a hotel! You can order food and watch a movie...kids love hotel stays!
3. Lessons. This is the perfect time of year to gift lessons to anything your child has shown interest in. Music, art, sports. There are even amazing online classes now a days that you can sign up for. I've seen cool ones like "comic book drawing" or "Movie theme Dances" all offered over ZOOM.
4. Special appoinments! I just took Ava for her first hair highlight at the salon and she knew it was actually a part of her Christmas gifts. A special spa day, hair cut, nail appt. Anything!
5. Sporting Event tickets.
6. Give your child a "YES DAY"...if you saw the movie you know all about this! It is on both my girl Christmas lists!
7. Coupons. You can make up your own coupons that you know your child would love. It can be passes to skip specific chores, dinner out a restaurant of their choice, time on their devices etc.
8. Museum/concert tickets.
9. Theme Nights. Depending on your childs age buying tickets to a local "Paint Night" or wood working/craft night would be fun!
10. A special night together! This is great especially when given to each child. One on one time with mom, dad or both! Let them choose what you guys will do..maybe dinner and bowling or dinner and a movie!
Okay I hope that got you thinking! I know this can be harder if your kids are still young. The young ones want all the toys! But I think the tweens especially would love any of these options. :)
timberstruc offers designs for 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom, and 4-bedroom homes. They also have design services, and will walk you through the design process of building your timber frame home. IReplyDelete