A family favorite! Sharing this quick and yummy recipe for baked Caprese Chicken.
-2 tomatoes (thickly sliced, about 4 slices a tomato)
-4 thin sliced chicken cutlets
-5 ounces fresh mozzarella (sliced)
-fresh basil chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Grease a baking pan with some olive oil and foil line a baking sheet
3. Place the sliced tomatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and oregano. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese
4. Place the chicken cutlets in the baking pan and season with oregano. (or salt and pepper)
5. Bake both in the oven. (tomatoes should bake about 15 minutes and the chicken can bake about 25-30 minutes or to your desired taste)
6. Remove the chicken and place the sliced mozzarella on top. Place back in the oven on Broil for about 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
7. Remove and place sliced tomato (about two slices per cutlet) on top of cheese. Sprinkle with chopped basil.