This is one of my favorite go to recipes when the family is craving some Italian (and I don't have to feel guilty after having a plate or two).
-Spaghetti Squash 1 Large or 2 Medium (a medium squash is around 3lbs)
-Jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce (we love Classico Sauces over here)
-Our grocery store butcher makes "ready to bake" meatballs fresh or you can make your own following the recipe below.
- 1lb ground beef (you can also use ground turkey)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4cup milk
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1small onion, chopped
Squash- Cut your squash lengthwise and scoop out the membranes and seeds.
-Place the halves cut side down in a baking dish and fill with just a little water (about an inch)
-Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes
- -Combine all ingredients and shape into 20-24 meatballs (1 to 1-1/2 inches each).
- -To oven bake: Place in ungreased 9x13 pan (you may want to line it with foil for easier clean-up).
- -Bake 20-25 min or until light brown and cooked through; turn meatballs halfway through, if desired, to help maintain a round shape.
-Once the squash is done remove from the water and take a fork to gently scrape. The flesh will separate easily into spaghetti like strands.
- After baking your meatballs remove and add them plus your sauce to the bowl of spaghetti. Mix it all together, top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Post a Comment